Places we went:
-National Experimental High School International Bilingual School
-Hsinchu Glass Museum
National Experimental High School International Bilingual School
This time we went to the International Bilingual School which is affiliated with National Experimental High School. These are some pictures taken during their chemistry practical lesson.
Since it was also our last day visiting the school, we put up some performances too.
Lunch at the conference room, this time they gave us bubbletea!
We went to an AP Biology class and the students introduced us to Coral-Reef Tank.
Petra and Gabbie played basketball with some other students!
Hsinchu Glass Museum 新竹市立玻璃工藝博物館
Gabbie did a jumpshot!
We had beef noodles for dinner it was delicious and we also got to celebrate Gladys' birthday, and Sharlene's early birthday.
Jean:
Whoohoo time really flies in a blink of an eye it's the 3rd day! Today we went to the Bilingual department of Hsinchu experimental High school. Basically most of the lessons are taught in English and I also got to know that the bilingual department is sort of like an international school so the rules are a lot less strict. It was totally different there, the students all spoke extremely fluent english and my first period with them was English!!!!! We had to play a vocabulary word game with the other 8th graders who are the same age as us and I swear even though the teacher allowed us to refer to their vocab book I was still really bad at it. I just realized how bad my English is compared to them...sigh... Chemistry practical was really fun though, even though I haven't started on chemistry module in school it was actually a really easy practical and my buddy even taught me how to balance equations! However during their lessons, some of the students were using phones or iPads to do things unrelated to the lesson and the teacher did not even scold them. He merely told them to keep it and it was totally different from the experimental department who did not even take out their phones or electronic devices during lunch time. I can tell that the bilingual department is a lot less strict! I had a really fruitful experience at Hsinchu experimental High school, it definitely was a wonderful time to experience a more relaxed education system! After we left the school we went to the glass museum and I got to see many different kinds of art made of glass. Some of the art were really detailed and it was really pretty. Overall I had fun today and I hope tomorrow will be a good day too!
Gabbie:
Third day of OELP has arrived! We went to the school again but it was a different department. I was really sad at first because i really liked the first day students but it was also equally fun! We had english and chemistry and the teachers were so nice to arrange activities for us so thatvwe can enjoy the lesson and the students were glad to have us there. After that we also had sports activity , at first i was upset that we had to play ping pong because i really wanted to play basketball but after that we had lots of fun playing ping pong because we were just throwing the ball and hitting it around. But after thatvwe played basketball with the taiwan students!! but it was so hot to play in jeans under the hot sun But it was still fun! After that we left for the glass museum and there were so many nice souvenirs there but i didnt bring my money down so i didnt buy anything which is sad:( i like the part where we had phototaking the best because it was so heart warming and i took many pictutes today:)
Yixiang:
Time passes so fast and its already day 3. We went to the same school again but another department. This time we went to the bilingual department. The people there are more hyped up. We did pe with them and we did not know how to play table tennis. I had fun today and I hope that we can visit Taiwan again and go to the sane school. After that we went to the glass museum. I bought souvenirs for my family and took pictures. I had lots of fun and hope that tmr would be a btr day.
Kaiming:
THIRD DAY OF OELP!!!! Today is Gladys and sharlene's birthday so of course we started the day off with a birthday song. We continued going to the school where we had lessons with students from another class. We tried their PE and went to their labs and learnt about corals from a few of their students. We then went to a glass museum and saw many different glass things. The tour guide at the museum was very friendly and helped us through the museum, talking about the history and stuff about glass. I hope tomorrow will be even better because of the places we are going to go!
Petra:
Today was the last day at Hsinchu experimental high school! It was a tough time parting :-( I wasn't very close to my buddy but as it was time to go we took many pictures together and I got to see that she was a very nice person and I wanted to ask for her contact but it was time to leave :-( but I am glad she liked the gift I prepared for her! We also took photos with the guys in the class we attended! Sadly I looked so fat in it I cannot even! But at least I have a picture to look at :-) the memories at this school will forever be etched in my head as it was a totally enriching experience. Before we left we had lessons with the bilingual department! It was easier to communicate with them as they spoke fluent English! They however spoke it in an American accent as they had American teachers! We played a vocabulary game which had words I had never seen before! I was admitted impressed with their language skills. Their English and Chinese were so obviously better than mine! We also went for a science practical lesson where we had to mix up chemicals and record the time it takes to become thick enough to cover a plus sign! Their lessons were certainly interesting but however laid back. The students could just use their mobile devices to play games and the teacher wouldn't really care! Thus independant learning as they are in charge of their own learning and freedom. If they listen they'll learn something new , if they slack off they won't be enriched with new information! My buddy was very nice however I felt it was very awkward as we had nothing much to say :-( I honestly feel that the atmosphere in the experimental department was more joyful and happier as compared to the bilingual department. I got to experience how a typical Taiwanese class would be like while the bilingual class felt like I wasn't even in Taiwan as they all spoke in American accent. I overall enjoyed both days of the school programme very much and I feel that the school did a very good job in welcoming us! After leaving the school we visited the glass museum! The sculptures put on display were beautiful and unique! Definitely pleasing to the eyes! We then ate some beef noodles for dinner along with some beancurd which tasted great! Though the texture of the beancurd was different as compared to Singapore, it was softer in a sense! We celebrated Gladys' birthday at the same time, happy birthday!:) I overall enjoyed todays activities very much and look forward to tomorrows activities! Goodnight world!
[ Yixiang and Gabbie jio-ing themselves into a photo ]
Picture with our tour guide uncle jeff and the bus driver 林叔叔~!
No comments:
Post a Comment