Wednesday, 28 May 2014

Day 2

Today is the 2nd day of OELP! 

Places we went:
-National Experimental High School 
-Hsinchu Science Industrial Park

National Experimental High School


Our lunch at the school was in their classroom and it came with a drink (passionfruit drink).


Our buddies brought us to the canteen during the lunch break and we got to see them working on their science project.







They also brought us to the convenience store at the school!



Hsinchu Science Industrial Park 新竹科學工業園區



We were introduced to many interesting inventions which used advanced technology, such as this LED Mask.



Jean:
Today's the second day of OELP! We got to visit the experimental department of Hsinchu Experimental High School and it was definitely a great experience there. I got to know and learn more about their education system and compare a bit with Singapore / RV's system. Over there, the students were really welcoming and friendly! Even though we were not assigned buddies, there were a group of students who volunteered and willingly shared their textbooks with us during lessons. I got to know from them and the teachers that every lesson is fixed at 50minutes and after every lesson there is a 10 minute break. I felt that it was really interesting as it was different from our school with lessons ranging from 30minutes to 2 hours. 

At the school during the classes, if the students are not listening, the teachers did not actually bother to scold some of them but I feel that in Singapore our teachers want us to give them our fullest attention so that we can learn more. This is something I appreciate in Singapore schools; if we dont listen the teachers actually remind / scold us quite often, giving us a second chance in order to allow us to benefit. Instead at the Taiwan school it is actually up to your own choice if you choose to listen and learn or not.


I used to think that there will be much stricter rules at the school but that was not really the case. It is actually up to the teacher. Some teachers allow the students to eat and drink (sweet drinks) during their lesson and the students don't actually have to greet the teacher if the teacher does not request for it. I always thought that the Taiwanese schools will be even stricter than our school but after visiting their school, maybe not.


We also went to Hsinchu Science Industrial Park and got to see many cool inventions and I was really amazed by how technology advanced the items there were. I even tried out the bluetooth speakers which were really good and easy to operate. I am looking forward to day 3!

Gabbie:
Second day of OELP!! i was so excited as it was the first day that we were going to the school, i was so curious about their education system!! The students over there were really friendly and nice, they felt like the classmates that we knew for a year already. Their lessons were really relaxing and fun and it was enriching too, its completely different from singapore's education. After that we went to hsinchu science park campus, thet had do many high technology devices there, it was so cool! We learnt many things over there at the museum, it was mindblowing. Overall i had so much fun though i wish we had pe lesson together with the class!

Yixiang:
It is the second day of oelp. I was very excited in the morning as we are going to visit a school. When we first reach the school, my impression of it was that its enormous. We were greeted by the staff from the school and they were very friendly. They led us to the conference room and explain their history and the school's mission and vision. After that we had to attend classes with the students and I had a good time. The students were very friendly and helpful. But when the teacher was talking in the class, the students did not pay attention to the teacher at all. I was disgusted at first, but later understood that they have a different style of teaching conpared to Singapore. After school we toured the hsinchu science park campus. They showed us lots of gadgets invented/designed by taiwanese conpanies. The products were very innovative and I found it interesting. I didnt know that taiwanese designed so many things. I learnt that we need to be innovative in life to progress, if not we would never improve. I hope tomorrow would also be as interesting.

Kaiming:
SECOND DAY OF OELP!!!
We went to a school and met a very active students from a class who went through lessons with us. Their lessons were really different from singapore's and we were shocked to see that they could actually eat food in class. Some even slept in class XD! After the lessons, we went to a tech park place thing which showcased gadgets and technology made in Taiwan. It made me realised the technology that taiwan makes is actually used a lot In the world! I hope tomorrow will be great too because we get to see our friends again!

Petra:
Second day of OELP! It was the first day at Hsinchu Experimental High school! We attended classes at the Experimental section of the school. They spoke mainly in Chinese and the way they wrote Chinese words was in the traditional way and im personally not very good in Chinese so it was hard to communicate with them. Lessons were fun and the teachers were friendly towards us! Their teaching methods and education system is different from Singapore so it was a very interesting experience! They had a 10minute break in between lessons and they were allowed to eat and drink in the classroom! Which is our school we were not allowed to do so :-( also I observed that many of them slept in some of the classes. Even right in front of the teacher but the teacher didn't care! Somehow I envy their education system as its very laid and encourages independant  learning. And they get to wear whatever they want! While we have to constantly wash and dry clothes to wear on each of the days! However I feel that they should have certain rules implemented in the school as I saw people with dyed hair and a guy with a super long lock of hair down his back. To me it was unusually and in Singapore we are to follow rules on attire and what not. I feel that people would argue on whether the Taiwanese education system is better or Singapore. I feel that both have their pros and cons! We had lunch in class and they also served us passion fruit drink and it tasted great! We also visited the science industrial park where we got to see different inventions which are very eye catching! I certainly had an amazing time there!


牛肉面 party!

No comments:

Post a Comment