Thursday, 6 February 2014

Consolidation on learning

Petra: Consolidation of Learning
After going through the previous lessons, I have learnt to view things with a more open mind and wider perspective. Do not judge a book by its cover. To understand how to think deeper and look beyond just what is on the surface. Also, it also taught us about observing our surroundings and to find reasons to support our observations. Words are deceiving, but so are pictures. During class when Mr Chua reviewed certain pictures my observations and assumptions were different from the truth. I only looked at the surface and immediately gave my opinion without giving deeper thought into it. And for the latest lesson, I took note of certain points on how to make a good presentation. It requires confidence, preparation, eye contact and much more. We learn about non academic related stuff and it questions our thinking. Overall CID lessons are really one of the most interesting and fun lesson we have. The teacher really engages in the lesson and the class will always have certain comments that make me laugh all the time! All this makes the learning experience an enjoyable one!

Gabbie: Consolidation of Learning
Over the past few lessons, i have learnt how to observe pictures more in depth, learnt that there are many stories behind pictures and how meaningful they are. Honestly i have never thought that pictures can have so many different stories, i mean its just a picture, people probably won't even look at it seriously so i was amazed by the photo Kevin Carter took about the child and the vulture. Kevin Carter must have been really upset with himself for not being able to help the child, knowing his story makes the picture yet even more meaningful. It was an interesting lesson that i really enjoyed and i hope to have even more interesting lessons!!

Jean: Consolidation of Learning
Throughout the past few lessons, I have learnt a lot from these lessons such as thinking, observation and reflecting skills, but personally i have learnt that we should not judge a book by its cover. I think it is very true that a picture speaks a thousand words, and from the pictures I could learn about everything behind it. felt that I was too quick to judge about the beggars in the picture. In both the 2 pictures of the beggars, I even thought that the woman with the child was a real beggar! From that lesson I have learnt to think in depth and also not to judge a book by its cover. I think it is important to also think out of the box and that will help with my learning process and what to reflect on in the blog. I have learnt a lot from the past few lessons and I also think that all the CID lessons were very interesting and I am looking forward to every lesson!

Kaiming: Consolidation of learning
From the few lessons that I've gonna through, I learnt a lot from the many stories that our teachers has shared with us. I've learnt about finding the hidden and true meaning about the photos or the evidence and not to judge a book by its cover and not to only look at the surface of the story. The stories really let us think through and link the story to our life. The story about poverty made us think about poverty in Singapore. Even though poverty isn't a big problem in Singapore, it is still a big problem in many other countries and we need to know about it for a better understanding of the world. I really like these lessons and I really hope to have more!

Yixiang: Consolidation of learning
I learnt how to think in depth, out of the box rather than just on the surface. I have also learnt not to judge a book by its cover from the previous few lessons. A picture tells a thousand words, we need to think deeper to understand how they feel. For example, the beggar on the streets was begging for money because his trolley, which was needed for his job, was stolen. So he was begging on the streets so he could buy a new trolley to resume work. While the woman in the next picture, was deceiving the guy reading newspaper for money and the child she was carrying did not belong to her. Thus, we should not judge a book by its cover. I also learnt presentation skills from the previous lessons like maintaining eye contact with the audience. I really enjoyed the lessons and hope it would be more interesting in weeks to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment